Make the nightlife industry safer and secure.
To protect and advocate the positive economic, social and cultural contributions of the nightlife & hospitality industry.
The American Nightlife Association is establishing a strong united collaborative voice, with government and neighborhood organizations; to develop 'best practices' standards, education, training and certification - to identify and de-escalate potential problems.
Our Community Involvement includes fundraising for educational event promotions, promoting neighborhood districts, recognizing industry leaders, developing networking and employment opportunities.
The American Nightlife Association provides Nightlife Professionals the leading source for news, trends, tools, resources, and strategies to increase revenues, and address political challenges.
Value-Added Benefits include discounts on Insurance, Music Licensing, Certifications, Manuals/Templates, Advertising and 1-on-1 Consultations.
FOUNDER & PRESIDENT
Founder, American Nightlife Association
1st VP, International Nightlife Association
BOARD OF ADVISORS
|Kate Becker, Director,
Seattle Office of Film and Music
Stefanie Jones,Nightlife Community Engagement Manager,
Drug Policy Alliance
Jocelyn Kane, Former Executive Director,
San Francisco Entertainment Commission (SFEC)
Jim Peters, President,
Responsible Hospitality Institute
Elizabeth Peterson-Gower, President,
Paul Seres, Founding Trustee and Vice President,
New York City Hospitality Alliance
Robert Smith, President,
Nightclub Security Consultants
Facts at a Glance: U.S. Bar & Nightclub Industry*
- $710 billion: Food & Drink sales
- $26 billion: Revenue
- 1.4%: Industry sales increase in nominal terms.
- 0.3%: Industry sales increase in real (inflation-adjusted) terms.
- 69,987: Locations
- 19.3m Number of people who went to bars or nightclubs in casinos
Alcohol Consumption and Customers
- 42% Sales share of beer and ale
- 30.6% Sales share of distilled spirit drinks
- 10% Sales share of wine
- 196.9m Beer barrels sold
- 24.3m People who bought beer
- 6.91m People who bought wine
- $4.55bn Total wages
- $64.08 Revenue per employee
- 14m Hospitality Industry Employees
- 393k Nightclub Employees
- 590k Bartenders (including at Restaurants)
- 3m Hospitality Service Employees
- 5.56 Average number of employees per establishment